Benefits and Application Areas of FRP GratingsComposite Gratings
Benefits of FRP Gratings (Composite Gratings):
- Light: Molded composite gratings (FRP gratings) are lighter than its metal competitors. Thus it is not required to use equipments while assembling.
- Corrosion Resistance: Molded composite gratings (FRP gratings) provide corrosion resistance for heavy chemical environments.
- Impact Resistance: Molded composite gratings (FRP gratings) show superior impact resistance due to glass fiber.
- Thermally Non-Conductive: Molded composite gratings (FRP gratings) have very low thermal conductivity values.
- Electrically Non-Conductive*: Molded composite gratings (FRP gratings) are electrically non-conduvtive. Is it used for work safety, where insulation is important. *Conductivity can be gained with additional processes.
- Slip Resistant: Molded composite gratings (FRP gratings) easily acquire slip resistant due to concave and sanded surfaces. It is used for especially places where work safety is important, oily and wet working environments.
- Fire Retardant: Molded composite gratings (FRP gratings) flammability decrease through special resins and flame retardants.
- Low Maintenance: Products are easily cleaned by high pressure water. Color is determined in production phase therefore it isn’t need any maintenance cost.
- Long Life Time: Molded composite gratings (FRP gratings) provide outstanding durability and corrosion due to their chemical and physical properties.
- Colorfulness: Can be produced any RAL code. It is preferred especially for architectural areas and work safety purposes.
Applicaton Areas of FRP Gratings (Composite Gratings)
- Industrial plants
- Treatment plants
- Electrical distribution and substation buildings
- Petroleum platforms
- Food plants
- Chemical industry
- Textile factories
- Military facilities
The Importance of Composite Gratings (FRP Gratings) and Covers on Work Safety
The era of using metals for construction and buildings is steadily becoming a thing of the past and is being replaced by composite (FRP) materials.
What is Composite (FRP) ?
Composite (FRP) is an innovative material, made up of polyester or resin; that is solidified through glass fiber and other substances for an increase in chemical and physical strength.
Features of Composite (FRP) Gratings and Covers
- Corrosion and high impact resistance
- Lightweight material
- Low maintenance cost, requires less maintenance than steel
- Long life
- Thermal insulation
- Available in many colors
Industrial Usages of Composite Gratings (FRP Gratings)
Composite gratings (FRP gratings) isn’t just popular on a small-scale, but industries of all kinds have been utilizing its benefits such as chemical industries, textile, electronics and petroleum industry, power plants, etc. The application areas include but aren’t limited to double floor, trench covers, chemical water workshop, to replace wooden platforms, walkway, etc.
Composite (FRP) Gratings and Covers – Enhances Work Safety
- With composite gratings (FRP gratings), walking surfaces will have more safety. This is because of anti-skid surface.
- The floors and stairs will be able to support heavier loads and weights, resulting in less work accidents caused by unstable surfaces.
- Composite gratings (FRP gratings) are also non-conductive; thus, eliminating the risk of electrical shocks.
- Composite gratings (FRP gratings) gratings and covers are also fire retardant, reducing the risk of any fires erupting.
Ultimately, composite (FRP) gratings and covers are far superior to steel and metals of all kinds in all aspects. Composite (FRP) gratings and covers is fast gaining popularity because it’s better than other materials and can easily take up different features according to its use, whether it’s to ensure work safety or for construction and building purposes.